Hogwarts: A Time of Change
Welcome to Hogwarts: A Time of Change!

Summer break is underway and students are out and about in the world waiting for another year to begin. Hogwarts is currently closed with professors planning lessons and getting everything ready. With students out in the streets, does that make them safer or not? It seems as though something is out brewing on the horizon. Something that no one is quite ready for.

See if you can find a place in the world of Harry Potter, there is much to choose from; magical abilities, creatures, students, adults, etc... See if your loyalty is with the Order, the Death Eaters or the Guardians..make a choice...take a stand...

Where do you belong?

Summer break is underway and students are out and about in the world waiting for another year to begin. Hogwarts is currently closed with professors planning lessons and getting everything ready. With students out in the streets, does that make them safer or not? It seems as though something is out brewing on the horizon. Something that no one is quite ready for.

See if you can find a place in the world of Harry Potter, there is much to choose from; magical abilities, creatures, students, adults, etc... See if your loyalty is with the Order, the Death Eaters or the Guardians..make a choice...take a stand...

Where do you belong?

Times are changing and we need to decide where our loyalties lay... light or dark? You choose...

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
GAME DATE: July 2072

Hogwarts is currently closed for Summer Break.
With the summer heat students are escaping outdoors
and getting together with friends. Enjoying
spending time without the pressure of school riding over their heads.

With only a short time left before school begins,
all students should do their best to get all
their school shopping complete.
(A quick one-shot will do except for Ollivanders)

Keep cool and stay safe,
Time of Change Staff
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Character Switch
Character Switch

Current Events
Month
 photo ToCJuly1.png
Year 2072

Updates

~ Please take a look at our site calendar to see the pace in which we move things along.

~ All avatars must be 180x400.

~ School shopping is in session, get everything you need before September 1st.
 photo Staff_zps1ebaddf8.png photo gabby_zps6a6f3c43.png

heidi_zpse323ba81.png

ivy_zps5f2ffdf1.png

Latest topics
» Celebrity Claim List
Snapped in Half (G) EmptyMon Aug 01, 2016 5:41 pm by Violet Dante

» Once Upon a Nightmare (JCK) -- Fairy Tale Horror (1 Year!)
Snapped in Half (G) EmptyMon Jul 27, 2015 10:10 pm by Guest

» [Jcink] The Harvests | a jupiter ascending rp | needs canons
Snapped in Half (G) EmptySat Jul 18, 2015 11:24 am by Guest

» [Jcink] Muirfield Is Watching | a cw batb rp | needs canons
Snapped in Half (G) EmptySat Jul 18, 2015 11:21 am by Guest

» [Jcink] X-Men: Rising Hope | a movie based rp | needs canons
Snapped in Half (G) EmptySat Jul 18, 2015 11:18 am by Guest

Snapped in Half (G) EmptyMon May 18, 2015 2:31 pm by Malakai Parker

» The Age of Divergence
Snapped in Half (G) EmptySat May 02, 2015 5:47 pm by Guest

» The Age of Difference
Snapped in Half (G) EmptySun Apr 26, 2015 11:05 pm by Guest

» The Age of Difference
Snapped in Half (G) EmptySun Apr 26, 2015 11:04 pm by Guest

» Signature Request for Thera
Snapped in Half (G) EmptyFri Apr 24, 2015 4:31 am by Thera Carlisle

Useful Links
THESE LINKS WILL HELP YOU REGISTER
(Ordered as you should visit them)

RULES
DESCRIPTIONS
CELEBRITY CLAIM

PROFILES
CLASS SIGN UP
ADULT JOBS
STUDENT JOBS

OTHER USEFUL LINKS
SITE MAP
WHO'S WHO
STATISTICS
HOGWARTS INFORMATION
NEWS/ANNOUNCEMENTS
RECORDS
HOUSE POINTS
SITE SUGGESTIONS
GRAPHIC REQUESTS
GAMES
ADVERTISING
AFFILIATION
Who is online?
In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 97 on Wed Jul 03, 2019 10:25 am
 photo Stats_zpsdb8eef5a.png
|| Students || 03 : 01
|| Gryffindor || 01 : 00
|| Hufflepuff ||
01 : 00
|| Ravenclaw || 00 : 00
|| Slytherin || 01 : 01
|| Adults || 18 : 09
|| Totals || 21 : 10
 photo Affiliates_zps39f7b97f.png

Click on the links below to VOTE for our site daily

Snapped in Half (G)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Theresa Rhodes
Theresa Rhodes
Care of Magical Creatures Professor

Galleons : 2255
Strength : 21
Reflex : 21
Agility : 21
Accuracy : 21

Snapped in Half (G) Empty
PostSubject: Snapped in Half (G)   Snapped in Half (G) EmptyTue Jan 21, 2014 9:21 pm

Olivanders. The sign above the wand shop told Theresa that the family had been in the business for a very long time. She remembered her first trip here, when she bought her first wand. The wand that was now sitting in her robe pocket, broken in half.

She entered the shop, pulling the splintered wood out and holding it gently in her hands. There was a few more people in the shop than she had hoped, so she knew that it would be a while until it was her turn. She watched as customer after customer was sent away with a new or repaired wand, until finally she was up.

"Hi! I'm Theresa and I desperately want this wand fixed. Do you think that there is any chance you can do that?" Theresa knew that the chances were slim, but she wanted to try anyway.
Back to top Go down
Rowena Ollivander
Rowena Ollivander
Ollivander's Wand Shop Owner

Galleons : 9296

PostSubject: Re: Snapped in Half (G)   Snapped in Half (G) EmptySun Jan 26, 2014 2:17 pm

"I was happy to help," she waved her latest customer off with a warm smile before turning her attention to the girl who just approached her. Rowena turned toward her, the words of welcome already on her lips before the girl started to speak all on her own. "It's wonderful to meet you Theresa, I'm Rowena. I'll see what I can do..." she reached for the broken wand. The fact that it was completely snapped in half was troubling to her and she wasn't sure she would be able to fix it as the girl wanted to.

Rowena worried her bottom lip with her teeth as she studied the wand in the girl's hand. "I'll see what I can do, but I will need to take a closer look," she murmured with an expectant look. "Oh, and I will need you to fill out this form in the mean time, I keep a record of all of my customers this way," she informed Theresa absently, her eyes only on the broken wand as she was eager to study it and find out what happened to the poor thing.

Code:
[b]Name[/b]:
[b]Birthdate[/b]:
[b]Height[/b]:
[b]Current/Former House[/b]:
[b]Strongest Subject[/b]:
[b]Weakest Subject[/b]:
Back to top Go down
Theresa Rhodes
Theresa Rhodes

PostSubject: Re: Snapped in Half (G)   Snapped in Half (G) EmptyWed Jan 29, 2014 2:15 am

"Thanks!" The girl said cheerfully, glad that the wandmaker was at least willing to look at repair. Having heard that wands were often unable to be fixed, especially if their core was unrepairable, Theresa didn't expect positive results. The blond pulled the parchment toward herself, and began to write her answers.

Name: Theresa Rhodes
Birthdate: 6th June
Height: 5' 2"
Current/Former House: Ravenclaw
Strongest Subject: Care of Magical Creatures
Weakest Subject: Divination

The girl sighed as she scrawled the last word on the questionnaire and pushed it back toward Rowena. Deciding to give the woman space to do her work, Theresa began to walk absentmindedly around the store front, looking at the wands that were on display.
Back to top Go down
Rowena Ollivander
Rowena Ollivander

PostSubject: Re: Snapped in Half (G)   Snapped in Half (G) EmptyFri Jan 31, 2014 6:00 pm

Rowena didn't enjoy disappointing her customers, but she was fairly certain that the wand was irreparable given the fact that it was completely snapped in half. Even so she still pulled the wand closer and turned on the lamp so she could get a better look at the place where it snapped. She peered closer, absently noticing as the young girl slid the application to her and walked away.

She murmured some gibberish is response as she leaned in closer, when it still wasn't helping she grabbed her spectacles from behind her and slipped them up the bridge of her nose. They weren't the usually type of glasses you would see someone wear when they couldn't see. They were specifically designed to just make what she was looking at larger. An upon closer inspection she noticed the slightly jagged edges where the wood really splintered and it was as she feared.

"Ms. Rhodes?" she called the girl back with a wave of her wand. "I'm afraid we'll have to find you a new one, it's hard to see, but there is just too much damage where the wand actually snapped to consider fixing it. If we tried you would get some backlash from any magic preformed as we wouldn't be able to deal the instrument properly," she explained before she realized that the girl probably didn't care about the details.

Rowena smiled sheepishly before slipping from her stool and pulling the application toward her for a closer look now that she was no longer distracted by wands and jagged edges. "I think I have something in mind for you, if you'll just give me a moment.." she trailed off as she slipped away to grab the wand box in question.

After only a few moments she grabbed a box directly behind the young girl and set it on the counter before her, leaning forward on her elbows as she lifted the lid with one of her fingers. "Try it out?" she offered with a warm and encouraging smile.
Back to top Go down
Theresa Rhodes
Theresa Rhodes

PostSubject: Re: Snapped in Half (G)   Snapped in Half (G) EmptySun Feb 02, 2014 4:24 am

Theresa heard her name, and turned to see the that Miss Ollivander was speaking to her. She walked closed and listen what the older woman was saying. The Ravenclaw was upset, but she didn't let it show. She was sure that the wandmaker would understand better than anyone the bond what somebody had with their wand, but she didn't want to make her feel bad.

"I thought it was a clean snap. I suppose that the damage is very tiny, right?" She remembered reading a book about wands, and how even the smallest splinters missing could render them either completely useless or potentially dangerous. "That's a bit too much of a risk to take, isn't it?" Theresa asked. While she was mourning the loss of her long-time 'friend', she was also a bit excited about the prospect of a new wand. Perhaps it was time for a fresh start?

Theresa looked at the wand in her hand and turned it around. It looked nice, though most that she had seen from Ollivander's were. She stopped for a moment and then said, "I hope I won't get into trouble for this. The last time I 'tried out a wand' I wasn't in school yet, so they couldn't really expel me." However, she trusted that Miss Ollivander would not have told her to try it if she would get into trouble, so she gave it a wave.
Back to top Go down
Rowena Ollivander
Rowena Ollivander

PostSubject: Re: Snapped in Half (G)   Snapped in Half (G) EmptyTue Feb 11, 2014 6:35 pm

Rowena was surprised that Theresa seemed to have read up on the subject, not many students did as the subject wasn't very interesting to most. "It is a clean snap, but the damage to the core is what's most severe and those can't be fixed easily. I could attempt to, but it would never work the way it used it. There would always be... something missing," she explained, pausing as she searched for how to describe what she meant. An to Rowena, something missing from a wand in use was worse than losing it entirely. "I'm afraid it is, but.. it is a risk that you can take if you would like," she acquiesced as it was the girl's choice even if it wasn't her recommendation.

Either way she would search for a wand until the girl made her decision or changed her mind on what she wanted to do. "Of course not, the Ministry and I have an arrangement. They can't very well expel every student that needed a new wand and we can't sell you one without you trying it out first," she assured with a smile before urging her to continue. Rowena watched expectantly as the girl waved the wand as she was eager to see if it would suit the girl.

A small puff of smoke appeared along with a distinct pup sound. Rowena frowned, that was certainly not what was meant to happen. "Why don't you try another one?" she asked rhetorically as she had already turned around to find another wand for Theresa Rhodes to try out.

"Here we go... try this one..." she muttered after setting the box down and placing the previous wand and box under her counter for later.

(OOC: Since you paused after waving the wand I took over, if you would prefer I change it to allow you to decide the wand's reaction please let me know and I'll edit my response)
Back to top Go down
Theresa Rhodes
Theresa Rhodes

PostSubject: Re: Snapped in Half (G)   Snapped in Half (G) EmptyTue Feb 18, 2014 10:03 am

Theresa listed carefully to what the wand maker was saying. She didn’t want to seem like a child, so she didn’t complain. She knew that Rowena knew what was best when it came to wands. She nodded in understanding and smiled, a little sadly, “Oh, I don’t think I want to risk that. I just wish that wandlore wasn’t so complicated!” She shook her head quickly, “Don’t worry. I would rather get a new one than play a game of roulette with my old one. The only problem is that, strangely enough, it’s like losing an old friend.

The Ravenclaw was thankful that she couldn’t get into trouble. It was true, though. As they said, the wand chooses the wizard, or in her case witch. It would be plain stupid to be forcing Rowena to sell wands without trying them for fit. She waved the wand and cringed. it had looked nice, but it hadn’t felt right in her hand. Her magic didn’t connect to it like her snapped wand had. “Maybe the next one?” she said, a positive tone in her voice.

Theresa reached out a picked up the second wand from the woman’s hands. Again, it was an attractive wand, and she hoped that it would work this time. Holding the wand in her hand, she looked at Rowena and asked, “Would you like to hear what stupid old me did to my wand?” She then pointed the wand in the direction of a, somewhat, bare wall, before waving it.

[OOC: Not a problem! I’m sorry it took so long to get a reply to you. I only just saw that you have responded now.]
Back to top Go down
Rowena Ollivander
Rowena Ollivander

PostSubject: Re: Snapped in Half (G)   Snapped in Half (G) EmptyFri Mar 07, 2014 1:18 am

"That's a common desire," she murmured too softly for Theresa Rhodes to hear. It was a desire she had had when she was young as well when her father had first tried to show her about his passion. A scene flashed before her mind's eye and she found herself smiling softly before the young girl brought her back to the present when she continued on. "That's not strange at all, a lot of people feel that way when losing a wand. It's never easy as you develop a strong connection the more you use it," she absently explained even though she was certain the girl didn't need or desire a lesson on wand attachments.

When the young brunette had worried about getting in trouble for using magic outside of Hogwarts she had to work on hiding the smile that threatened to break free. No one had ever expressed such fears before, but it was nice to see how conscientious the young girl was when it gave to breaking certain rules. Especially given her age. Most students seemed to not care and just relish in the fact that they were given a free pass to practice magic and made no thought to the actual consequences.

Rowena moved the first wand and it's box under the counter when it turned out not to be the right one. "Yes, give it a try," she encouraged with a warm smile to keep up the girl's spirits. She had caught the cringe when she tried to use a spell and it hadn't worked. Though there was a different feel about the girl when she picked up the second one. Rowena waited expectantly for the girl to try out a spell when instead she asked a question. She was startled from her staring and looked up at the girl's face. "Sure?" she found herself saying, confusion colored her tone at the unexpected question. An just like that she tried out the wand as if she hadn't interrupted herself.  

"Great! I think we've found a winner," she exclaimed excitedly when the magic hit it's mark, but just to be sure she drew Theresa's attention back to her. "What do you think? Did it feel right?" she asked curiously.
Back to top Go down

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Snapped in Half (G)   Snapped in Half (G) Empty

Back to top Go down

Snapped in Half (G)

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1